Pages


Monday, February 6, 2012

Day One!

First day of my Daniel fast, complete.
T'was quite the change from my old diet, and even a change from my Celiac's diet. First thing this morning I was presented with a free cup of hot chocolate. My first thought was "gluten?!" and my second was, oh wowzers, that's not on my list of things I can consume. Amazing how much I continue to take food for granted.
As I went throughout my day the hunger pangs got to me a bit, but nothing too extreme. Also, today was a mighty stressful day for me. I had a lot going on and not enough hours in a day to accommodate. Any other time I would have coped with this through eating whatever I could find. Not today though, today I sat and prayed.
Not to say I wouldn't pray when things get stressful any other day, but I replaced the energy I would have spent on finding something to eat, eating it, and then feeling guilty about the unnecessary and emotion based consumption with energy spent talking to the man above.
Not much to elaborate on from my day today...other than my day worked out just as it needed to. Funny how things like that happen after you've given your worries to God, right? As for the rest of my night? I'm about to relax and enjoy some time in the Word (and a book for English 350, not by choice.) Waiting to see what the Holy Spirit has to say to me. Goodnight y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment