Pages


Sunday, August 14, 2011

This is Who I am; and Baby, I'm Luckier than the Lottery

Hi, I'm Katie Ferrell. I'm 19 and a sophomore at Marshall University where I'm majoring in online journalism. I love Jesus, and the next boy in my life has to love Him more than he will ever love me. Stubborn could be my middle name and sometimes my mood swings are worse than a menopausal woman's. I probably paint my fingernails too much and to me, there is no other sporting goods brand than Nike. When texting, I never capitalize anything, just because I think it looks prettier and neater...that's probably caused by my OCD. Clothes are my obsession and putting together outfits is something I like to do for fun. My friends are the best around, there's no doubt about it. If I had to describe myself in one word "classy" would be in the top 3 choices. The morals I have were decided when I was 11, and were not prompted by my parents at all. Writing is what I use to release all the the thoughts in my head; that or praying. God always listens, even when no one else will. When the season changes, so does my Bath&Body scent, and my candles. Makeup and I have a love/hate relationship, but you'll hardly ever catch me wearing much. I struggle with my love of food, but controlling it is becoming easier every day. You can catch me at the gym 5 days a week. I'm either completely dressed down or completely dressed up; there's not much of a happy medium for me. Somedays, I'm just plain lazy. It's nice. My room is usually a mess, but everything else of mine has to be nice and organized. Speaking of being lazy and a mess, I haven't washed my car in 3 months. My silver bug is a dull grey. The bug reminds me, gas costs too much; especially when my baby takes premium. And I'm a penny pincher..but I'd rather spend my money on a gift for someone else rather than something careless for myself. And one of the most important things about me is, as much as I screw up, or as wretched of a person I can be, my God and my family always love me. They're all I need in this world; the rest of my blessings are simply bonuses...and I've hit the jackpot.

3 comments:

  1. I had been reading all the posts. But didn't get to comment. Why was vulgar language and threats allowed to be posted towards this person and nothing done about it. Just remember God loves all of us. Where is your compassion ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the last several hours I have been reading your other blogs, I find some of them to be funny, and others intriguing, I to have dealt with depression after being sexually abused, which brings me to my lifestyle today. I will continue to read your blogs until I fully understand what you are trying to get across to others. I hope in no way the things that I have posted have offended you, and I hope that we can come to an understanding and a dialogue within your blog, maybe some of my comments for out of line. We should wish that all people can come to understand each other in a more meaningful way, I will try to reframe from any controversy all comments about your family.
    Lewis

    ReplyDelete