Pages


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Hero

My hero, by far, is my sister. My sister has overcome a lot of the same struggles I have and created a successful life for herself and family. Both our childhoods and teenage years were not the breeze they seemed to be, and we've made great people out of ourselves. We had every reason in the world to let go of ourselves and not create something positive out of our life; she was the person who showed me that overcoming this was possible. Although my sister, Jennifer, is ten years older than me, we are so close and she has set a straight and narrow path for me. When I'm at my lowest lows, she reminds me of what I need to do with my life. Without her, and my mother as well, who knows the person I'd be today. Without the guidance I've been given and the examples that have been set, my life wouldn't be going in the right direction as it is now. For that, I am eternally grateful.

5 comments:

  1. This is really sweet Katie! Life would definitely not be the same without sisters. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh, Katieeee, look at you getting all emotional on us. haha You're a good writer dear, keep up the good work KatieLou. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie! This is a great blog. My sister Helen is one of my heroes. She has been through a lot of adversity but has risen above it and maintained her loving spirit and kind heart. She has taught me how to take the lemons that life delivers from time to time and turn them in to lemonade :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    Sincerely,
    David Lowenstein
    State Director, Globaloria WV

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote! Your sister sounds a lot like mine :) and sisters will always be the glue that holds us together :)

    ReplyDelete