Pages


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

MTV Expierence


So, yesterday I was told I was chosen to be followed around until Thursday by MTV camera crews. The reason? Riverside High was chosen along with 9 other schools in the United States to participate in Challange Day; which is a day in which students share their stories and challenges they've faced to become the person they are today. After a phone interview and a personal interview, I suppose I was interesting enough to film for a week. It all started with being hooked up to sound and positioned in the perfect light for the camera. I was asked many questions, where I told about my life, school, and how I portrayed myself. From there, we hung a piece of my artwork in the hallway and got my screen shot of me smiling. Then the fun began, a camera crew of 4 people followed me through my daily routine as I walked to lunch and ate with my usual friends. They caught every move I made and every word I said. My filming for today is over, but tomorrow it begins again as they are coming to my student council meeting, tennis practice, and then my house. What I ride this has been thus far. I'm so privledged to have had this expierence in high school. Never in my dreams, would I have ever imagined MTV would be coming to my school, let alone follow me for their show. Out of all this, I hope a positive expierence will occur. So far, it is BY FAR one of the coolest/most nerve wracking things I've ever done. I can't wait to view the outcome.

4 comments:

  1. Katie, what a neat experience. I think that you are a great representative of RHS! You will serve us well. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! Did they tell you when the footage would air? We'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how you aren't losing your mind! lol. I would so need my personal space but its still really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Chez
    Gracias :)

    @ Rachel
    The footage should be airing sometime in October :) I'm so excited to see it as well! :)

    @Hannah
    I don't know how I didn't haha I'm a little excited they are gone.

    ReplyDelete