Pages


Thursday, July 7, 2011

Gabe's, Paris, and Fluorescent Light Bulbs

First off...I'm a bargain shopper. That being said, after enjoying a delicious meal at Applebee's this evening I decided I was going to shop around at my local Gabe's. Everyone knows that when going to Gabe's you are either going to have a "hit" or "miss" visit; today my friends, we had a hit.
I go directly to the back of the home decor department to look at my favorite part of Gabe's: the ever changing collection of art they carry. To my pleasant surprise, there were some awesome canvas' propped up against one another. The pictures depicted on them were movies, none of which seemed to be my favorites...until I spied in one of the stacks a black and white picture of the Moulin Rouge. WHAT?! One of my favorite movies?! black and white?! and ONLY $9.99?! I heard the chorus of angels singing "ahhhh" as I reached for it, knowing it was going to be mine. As I stared at this beauty that was going to be the focal point of my dorm room, all I could think about (aside from how handsome Ewan McGregor looked in the remake) was about Paris...and my dreams.
Everyone has a dream. Whether that dream be small or large, we have one. My dream since I was young was to live in Paris. I know, I know, those of you who have been there are thinking "that place isn't near what it's cracked up to be" or "it's just a city of filth with a landmark". Honestly, I don't care. I've longed to reside there for what seems forever now. Doing what? Of course I don't know. I don't even know what my major for next semester is going to be.
At one point in my life, I lost sight of this dream. I told myself that it was far out of my reach, that the most I was going to do with my life would be to become a mogul in Charleston, live in a nice home on top of a mountain, and vacation in the tropics once a year. What a measly goal for someone who works as hard as I do. Since then I've regained focus and now my eyes are set on the prize: Paris.
If you can't tell by now, I'm rather fuzzy on what the next years of my life are going to hold. After graduating college, I may move two streets over, move halfway across the country, or live at home until I'm 47 years old. I'm not sure. But what I can tell you is, you better remember my name now, because whatever becomes of my life is going to be awesome. Maybe, just maybe, you'll be seeing my name is yellow tinted, fluorescent bulbs, much like that of the Moulin Rouge in Paris one day. Who knows? Well God knows, but that's a different blog post. But be ready for my dreams to come true and to see my name in lights.

1 comment:

  1. I can do all things in Christ which strengthens me.... Faith is sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.... These seem to be the two verses that needs to be address and remembered when facing our own personal vendettas. Why does something have to be so far out of reach? Did Donald Trump say "It isn't possible for me to be successful." NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE..... Ways around everything, ways to do anything, all the time! The question is, do you have the motivation, will power, want, drive, FAITH to do it? People of our generation want everything now, yesterday, an hour ago; patience is something that is lost. We have to realize that what we want is always possible, but it could take 20 minutes or 20 years. The point is, you can achieve it. Keep writing, keep believing, keep reading, keep listening, keep adapting, keep PRAYING, and it.... will....... happen!!! Have your name is Neon lights and make everyone know who you are, while in Paris ;).

    ReplyDelete